Soil Health is…
- Holistic. Soil health considers chemical, physical, and biological properties, which are interrelated and equally important.
- Feeding the soil, not the plant. Sustainable agricultural practices harness biological processes to maintain and improve soil health for multiple seasons.
- Good Stewardship. Healthy soils perform essential ecosystem services – some of which we are only beginning to understand.
- Cost-Effective. Long term improvements in water management, nutrient cycles, and soil food webs can minimize inputs and maximize productivity.
About This Site
This site is currently under construction. It will be organized into the following categories.
- Soil Health Assessment - quantifying and measuring soil health in the field and laboratory
- Soil Health Management - fostering soil health through holistic soil and crop management
- Soil Health Resources - additional literature and tools
- On-Farm Research - highlights of recent and on-going soil health research in Ohio