Below are other soil health resources from Ohio State and other regional and national organizations of interest.
Ohio State Resources
Agronomic Crop Concerns
- Soil Fertility Lab soilfertility.osu.edu/
Tri-state fertility guidelines, current research on soil organic matter, calcium amendments, and more.
- Ohio Agronomic Crops Network agcrops.osu.edu
Home of the C.O.R.N. newsletter, and links to state specialists, researchers, and county educators involved with agronomic crop production.
- Ohio Composting and Manure Management ocamm.osu.edu/research
- VegNet newsletter presents timely topics on crop management methods, research, programs and other resources.
Urban Agriculture Concerns
- Ohio State’s Damaged Soil Investigation, Restoration, and Treatment lab dirt.osu.edu provides management tips and low-cost testing for urban soils that may have heavy metal contamination concerns.
- The Carbon Management and Sequestration Center is led by Dr. Rattan Lal, winner of the 2020 World Food Prize.
- The Soil Water & BioEnergy Program at Ohio State's South Centers in Piketon conducts research, extension, and educational programs for agricultural management practices that sustain soil and water resources and are economical for producers and growers.
- The OFFER program (Organic Food & Farming Education and Research)
- The AMP program (Agroecosystem Management Program)
- OSU CFAES Sustainability blog
Ohio State Extension
- Full Directory
- Find your local Ohio State Extension office
- Ohioline: Ohio State's searchable factsheet database
Other Ohio Soil Health Resources
- Ohio No-Till Council
- Conservation Tillage & Technology Conference, Ada, Ohio
- Natural Resources Conservation Service - Ohio
- Division of Soil and Water Conservation - Ohio Department of Agriculture
Regional and National Resources
- Cornell Comprehensive Assessment of Soil Health
- NRCS Soil Health Division
- Midwest Cover Crop Council
- SARE Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education
- ATTRA Sustainable Agriculture: Soil Health Indicators and Tests
- Soil Health Nexus
- Soil Health Partnership
- Rodale Institute
- Conservation Technology Information Center
- Soil & Water Conservation Society
- American Society of Agronomy
- Soil Health Institute